The Pathology Administrator / Transcriptionist is responsible for performing clerical work in our laboratory in Delray Beach, FL. This position keeps all patient files organized and maintains the front office, filing medical records, pathology slides, and performing other administrative duties such as answering incoming calls and performing biopsy patient calls (including scheduling procedures and answering patient questions).
Schedule: Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM – 4 PM.
Compensation: $18 – $20 x hr
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Transcribes pathology dictation accurately and timely.
- Initiates, composes and types correspondence, memos, forms, procedures, reports as directed by Director, Supervisor or Pathologist.
- Receives and screens telephone calls routing to correct area or providing needed information.
- Reviews, sorts and distributes mail and laboratory reports.
- Assists in maintaining supplies.
- Greets customers and guests and informs appropriate personnel of individuals arrival.
- May be required to register patients and/or review and place orders.
- Receives and initiates orders from ordering physicians.
- Prepares reports and slides for use during tumor conferences.
- Prepare slides and blocks for submission to reference labs.
- Excellent typing skills
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Location: Delray Beach, FL
Department: Clinic Support- East